There are many reasons why now is the time to buy if you are even slightly considering the notion, in Calgary. Here are 10 reasons to help you see why there is no better time than now.
- Low-interest rates: Interest rates are low right now. That makes it an excellent time to buy in Calgary. Jumping into the real estate market when rates are low will help you get a hold of home ownership for less and get you on your way to home equity, fast.
- Financial security: Home prices in Calgary are on the rise. This makes it a great time to invest. Buying a home is the most lucrative long-term investment that you can make. Home values appreciating year by year, coupled with historically low-interest rates, equates to potentially large profits for home owners down the road.
- Home equity: As you pay toward your home mortgage you will begin to build equity in your home. This equity offers immense security in terms of financial freedom, should you ever see the need to borrow against the value of your home. Home equity loans can be used for a variety of reasons, including for educational purposes, home improvement projects and even during times of financial distress.
- Privacy: Owning your own home offers complete independence from the watchful eye of a landlord.
- Security & stability: When you rent you are at the mercy of the homeowner. Should the homeowner see the opportunity to invest, you might run the risk of gouged rent prices, or worse – losing your home.
- Spend your money wisely: When you rent you may as well consider yourself paying someone else’s mortgage –and then some. Owning is more often than not, given the current state of the market, cheaper than renting.
- Pride: One of the biggest reasons why homeowners invest in property – be it a single family home, condo, townhouse, or piece of land – is to say that they own something.
- Independence: When you own a home, you have the freedom to do with it what you please. Always wanted a leopard print kitchen with red countertops? Go for it. Being a homeowner means that you are free to do what you please with the home. This means that you can express yourself in whatever way you find desirable.
- Community: Buying a home will ultimately give you a sense of community. Regardless of whether you buy into a condominium or neighborhood, owning will offer a much desired sense of belonging.
- Selection: The selection of homes in Calgary is improving by the day as new homes are continually being built. Building new homes inevitably leaves a larger selection of available properties for those looking to buy, new and used. An increased home inventory gives homebuyers more options to choose from and ultimately more edge in the buying market.
If you have been waiting for just the right moment to jump into the real estate market in Calgary, now is the perfect time to invest in home ownership!